In 2003 the Ship Registry adopted the "Large Yacht Code" which facilitated superyacht registration on the Isle of Man.
The Registry provides a high-quality service with cost savings over its competitors. The expertise of the registry team means that the Registry has the capability of offering bespoke requirements. This relationship continues whilst the vessel is in service to ensure the needs of the client can be met fully at all times.
Some of the advantages of an Isle of Man ship registration are:
- a fast response from Registry officers
- reasonable costs and no annual tonnage dues
- flexibility in the requirements for registered owners
- demise registrations in and out
- support for ships treated unfairly by Port State Control
- ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 Accreditation